The First North American HPV Awareness Week Takes Place January 22-28, 2019
A one-week series of webinars, social media campaigns, local events and more to promote awareness about HPV and HPV-related diseases. Organized by the American Medical Women’s Association (AMWA) , Global Initiative Against HPV and Cervical Cancer (GIAHC) and Indiana University (IU), with support from The Oral Cancer Foundation (OCF) and numerous medical associations and institutions nationally and internationally.
Each day of the week will focus on a different HPV-related topic, with daily free webinars. Thursday, January 24 is dedicated to oropharyngeal cancer awareness.
The US vs. HPV Webinar Series is hosted by American Medical Women’s Association (AMWA) and Global Initiative Against HPV and Cervical Cancer (GIAHC), with webinars offered through Indiana University.
The 1-hour webinars (12:00 – 1:00 pm EST daily) are intended for members of the public, patients, health care providers, and anyone else who wishes to learn more about HPV, HPV-related diseases, and HPV prevention including vaccination. Download the full schedule
Tuesday, Jan. 22, 2019 | 12:00 – 1:00 pm
HPV Vaccine Update
Moderator: Elizabeth Garner, MD
- Engaging Physicians, Parents AND Patients: HPV Vaccines Given at Every Opportunity
- HPV Vaccination Rates Around the World: Why is the US So Far Behind?
- An Update on HPV-Associated Cancer Burden, Cervical Cancer Screening and HPV Vaccine
Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2019 | 12:00 – 1:00 pm
HPV & Cervical Cancer: A Global Perspective
Moderator: Shobha S. Krishnan, FAAFP
- Bridging the Global Divide: The World Health Organization’s Strategy to Eliminate Cervical Cancer
- The World Could End Cervical Cancer If It Tried: A Call-to-Action
- Project ECHO: Supporting the Continuum of Care in Cervical Cancer Prevention and Treatment
Thursday, Jan. 24, 2019 | 12:00 – 1:00 pm
HPV Related Non-Gynecological Diseases and Cancers
Moderators: Cecilia Schmalbach, MD, MSc, FACS and David Myers, MD
- The Epidemic of HPV Associated Head and Neck Cancers: What Can We as Providers Do?
- Oropharynx HPV-Induced Squamous Cell Carcinoma: A Patient & Parent’s Perspective
- Not Just a Women’s Problem: HPV Associated Diseases and Cancers in Men
Friday, Jan. 25, 2019 | 12:00 – 1:00 pm
Cervical Cancer Past, Present and Future
Moderator: Ana Viamonte Ros MD, MPH
- Cervical Cancer – A PREVENTABLE Public Health Problem
- Pap Smears and Beyond – Newer Screening Modalities for Cervical Cancer
- Can We Eradicate Cervical Cancer? – Updates on Screening to Prevent Cervical Cancer
Monday, Jan. 28, 2019 | 12:00 – 1:00 pm
HPV and Cervical Cancer Champions
Moderators: Lynn Barclay and Reid Mergler
- Youth Against HPV: Engagement and Empowerment
- National Cervical Cancer Coalition (NCCC): An Advocate for Cervical Health
- Powerful Voices: Patient Perspectives
- Lady Ganga Movie: A Global Movement to Eliminate Cervical Cancer